More than 220 years of history

Europe’s oldest fine brush factory. Since 1793.

In 1793, Mr. Parent created his brush workshop in Paris, very close to the Pont Neuf. The Company prospered despite the uncertainties of the Revolution, the Empire and the Restauration. Gerard continued the activity from 1820 to 1825 , followed by Leferme from 1825 to1847 and Renard from 1847 to 1859. In 1859, at the age of 34, Charles Sauer bought the Company and moved it from Paris to Oinville, 50kms away.
From 1895 to 1900 his son, Max Auguste Sauer, built a highly modern steam factory, in Hardricourt, near Oinville. In 1925, the manufacture of
Fine Brushes was transferred to Saint -Brieuc by Max Sauer junior.
After the death of Max Sauer in 1960, the Max Sauer Company, headed by Michel and Gérard Sauer was transferred to a new factory (1967),
expanded in 1973 and 1987 together with another addition in 1991. Since 1987, the company has been led by Eric Sauer, the Sauer fifth generation.
Innovation, research and development are combined with both tradition and know-how. The family rigorous management, team-work,
optimum quality and customer service remain the essential priorities of Max Sauer.